1.0.1a - 2012-04-20
* Fix compilation problem with --disable-pkcs11
1.0.1 - 2012-04-20
* Workaround for security issue in OpenSSL versions older than 1.0.1a,
1.0.0i and 0.9.8v.
* Improved error messages.
* Improved "configure" script, that allows compilation with GTK 3.
* Made the PKCS#11 path configurable in ~/.config/fribid/config
* Made the emulated version configurable in that file too.
* Fix crash with certificates without the "name" property.
1.0.0 - 2011-09-25
* [security update] Many fixes of potential problems, discovered with
tools like Sparse and Clang --analyze, and manual review of the code.
None of the problems are known to be remotely exploitable, but all
users are encouraged to upgrade.
* Fixed problem with enrollment of new certificates on Chrome/Chromium.
* Added the TextCharacterEncoding parameter. Needed by minameddelanden.se
* Improved parsing of SubjectDN. This fixes a problem with enrollment on
* The MIME type "application/x-personal-signer" is now claimed to be
supported. This makes the log in work on Handelsbanken.
* Fixed a problem on 64-bit platforms. Thanks to Edward Tjörnhammar.
* Subjects are now sorted by their display name.
* An initial size is now specified for the "text to be signed" box. This
fixes a problem on Ubuntu 11.10, where it was invisible.
* Improved "configure" script with more reliable 64-bit path detection.
0.3.1 - 2011-07-11
* Added support for numeric OIDs in distinguished names. This should
make enrollment with Handelsbanken work, but is untested so far.
* Build fixes for FreeBSD (Robert Andersson).
* Support for --localedir and --mandir in the configure script.
* Compatibility with GTK 3.0.
seen it used anywhere, but it's implemented in Nexus Personal.
* The plugin version is now reported to the browser.
* Some small improvements.
0.3.0 - 2011-04-24
* [security update] Fix display of ISO-8859-1 strings and strings with
invalid UTF-8. Previously the "text to sign" box was just empty in
these two cases, so the user could not see what he or she was signing.
* Implemented support for obtaining file-based e-IDs. Thanks to Erik
Andersson, Örjan and "krypto" for testing this!
* Fix compilation with OpenSSL 1.0.0.
* Made the plugin identify itself as "Nexus Personal" instead of "FriBID".
This fixes compatibility with some sites, such as Skandiabanken.
* Add a "stub" of the Webadmin object, which is needed for
* Made all parameter names case insensitive.
* Code refactoring.
0.2.2 - 2010-12-18
* Fixed a 64-bit type error. (Henrik Nordström)
* Implemented the ServerTime parameter which is used on at least
www.forex.se, and possibly other sites. (Samuel Lidén Borell)
* Fix incorrectly detected library path on 64-bit systems. (Samuel Lidén
* Code refactoring/cleanup. (Samuel Lidén Borell)
0.2.1a - 2010-10-11
* Fixed a problem with one of the Makefiles.
0.2.1 - 2010-10-10
* Added a manual page.
* Corrected the version number of GTK in the INSTALL document.
* Moved the source files for building Debian packages to a separate
repostitory at http://github.com/samuellb/fribid-debian
0.2.0 - 2010-09-17
* Support for card readers. See http://wiki.fribid.se/sidor/SmartCards
Thanks to Marcus Carlson and Henrik Nordström.
* Updated the version string to the latest one of the official Linux
* Replaced the dependency on the NSS crypto library with OpenSSL.
* Added a simple web page for testing certificate requesting.
* The Debian package no longer suggests that Java should be installed,
Java hasn't been used by BankID sites for a long time now.
* Add Chromium to the list of recommended browsers in the Debian package.
* Code cleanup.
0.1.4 - 2010-05-16
* Fixed a problem that occurred on Försäkringskassan's web site. Thanks
to mannuz who discovered this problem.
0.1.3 - 2010-04-16
* Fixed a crash that occurred with certain certificate/identity files.
Thanks to Marcus Carlson who tracked down this bug.
* Made FriBID look for certificates/identity files in ~/.cbt as well
as ~/cbt. Thanks to Marcus Carlson for this patch.
* Made it possible to specify a path for the library files. Normally
these are stored in /usr/lib/, but some distributions store them
in /usr/lib64/ on 64-bit platforms (for example Slackware).
* Added an ASN1 dumping tool, which can be used to analyze certificate/
* Small improvements in performance and documentation fixes.
0.1.2 - 2010-03-24
* Fixed a bug with optimized builds that caused passwords to not be
cleared from RAM when they where no longer needed.
* Fixed a compatibility problem with sites that request signing
without specifying a subject (personal number).
* Implemented "non-visible data", which is used in signatures at some
sites, such as Skatteverket.
* A better random source is now used for the encryption keys for the
temporary NSS database.
0.1.1 - 2010-02-20
* Fixed a bug that sometimes caused PIDs of exited child processes
("zombies") to be left around.
* Added a "fuzzer" script that can be used to check for bugs.
* Compatibility with Google Chrome / Chromium.
* Prevent the password from getting swapped out. Thanks to Linus Walleij
for this patch!
* Fixed some build problems completely on FreeBSD, and partially on
OpenBSD. Thanks to Markus Bergkvist!
* Fixed a browser crash on some 64-bit platforms. Thanks to Håkan Kvist
for this patch!
0.1.0 - 2010-02-03
* All occurrences of the password in RAM are now cleared when they are
no longer needed.
* Fixed an error that occurred on sites that were sending null bytes in
the challenge parameter.
* Better error handling.
* Renamed the plugin filename to libfribidplugin.so to prevent
installation conflicts with Nexus Personal.
* Fixed two compile errors on 64-bit platforms.
* Fixed a couple of non-critical errors in the makefiles.
* Added build files for the Debian package format, and makefile rules
for .deb and .tar package creation.
* Better error handling.
* Made it impossible for a single web page to open multiple log in windows.
* Made person filtering work when authenticating. This is used on web sites
that let you enter your personal number as a separate step in the log in
0.0.9a - 2009-11-13
* Added license headers to a few files that lacked this information.
0.0.9 - 2009-11-11
* Initial version.